Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spilling Beauty

We pass this bougainvillea every day on the way to Scalea--it blooms 10 months a year!
Life is a challenge. The main challenge is to appreciate it and be one with it at all times. I can be not very good at that...I let things get to me (whatever they may be--for example, yesterday we found out our neighbor is in the hospital). Then all of a sudden, as I'm lying there feeling sorry for the world and myself, one eye opens and all the love and light of life re-enters my being.  

Guido and I feel better, our body's fight with Egypt is finally over and I'm just now back in awe of the sock-o beauty around here. Most of you know that I love plants. I love how folks do plants in this country. They love veggies and flowers and don't give a hoot about lawns. Give them space and they'll make their own olive oil and wine, thank you very much--but mostly the place is spilling over with the beauty of flowers from window boxes and terraces--everywhere.  I mean everywhere--including at my house. I wanted to capture some nice window planters that I finally got going well. I also snapped some pictures of other people's efforts. Enjoy:

The planter outside the window of our study


My neighbor Pina's window plants
Our kitchen window planter


























7 comments:

  1. The Italian climate even produces more vibrant colors! Love these pictures too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gil. I think the horticulturists are up to some of that too. I can't believe some of the colors they have in geraniums now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, they are all beautiful, thanks for sharing with us - amazing what beauty can come from a small container...your porch/balcony is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kathy, while I agree that my terrazzo is amazing, it's not as amazing as the one pictured--that balcony is in Scalea. Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you blame them? Flowers give such a uplifing dash of colour. I love them too. I'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't blame someone who shares your obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a funny thing to say, but all of the flowers look so comfortable. Not one looks challenged or striving.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...