Saturday, September 17, 2011

Ah Settembre!


You are looking at the site for a big new recreational boat harbor in Scalea--plans were in the paper
x
Can you tell fall is on the way?  See the clouds? We love to see them return along with sunsets over the sea visible from our casaNotice in the photo above, it was around 7 PM on the beach in Scalea and there were NO people out there?  We admit it, we are unabashed fall lovers. Of course, we are glad to see spring and summer arrive as well, but nothing can beat fall. It can last all the way to December here too. The summer theme was socializing. I'm not sure what the fall theme will be. For me, I think it will be exercise and fitness and other self improvement items like improving my Italian. It's easy to say that while I'm sitting on the couch in the den on the computer, isn't it?  Maybe I should make a public spectacle of it so that I can't give up. Post my weight and muscle mass every week?...nevermind, not a good idea. See you later, gotta go out and enjoy the day.
x
I don't know about you, but I prefer lots of clouds around my sunsets...
Hopefully, this is the last "smoke" of the year--Vince is voting for that too.  Rain is due on Monday.

8 comments:

  1. Stunning sunset, we are still waiting for rain as well, storms are forecast for tomorrow and Monday, so i really should be outside with my book now not sitting in front of the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LLM,
    Get out there, I'm going now, I really am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beach-picture!
    Fall is definitely beautiful! If it wouldn't rain so much here, I would say, it's perfect. ^^
    I'm really looking forward to red and yellow forests and walking in piles of leaves. Yay fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful sunset. love fall and it's so colourful! love indian summers more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Michelle and Lucia. Indian summers are the halcyon days of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are they really turning a beach into a marina? If so, it just doesn't seem fair to the small guys. Your sinset picture is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gil,
    To tell you the truth Gil, I just don't know. There is something about Italian newpaper writing about issues that is particularly opaque to me. I do know that the local environment groups are against it. I agree with you that it would seem that they would have to close up some exisiting Lidos. I would prefer a nature preserve if they are gonna do that...of course not in the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I have just discovered your very wonderful blog. What a lot of wonderful info and terrific posts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...