We have been busy. Another excuse (reason?) for not keeping up our blog schedule is that we had a computer problem. We had to go to town for a week and use the WiFi (Wee Fee in Italiano) at a local bar. Very noisy in
August. Ah, but August is on the wane, and with it, most of the hazy, crazy days that make one want a vacation from all the vacationers. We have house guests due in a few days and are looking forward to seeing them--but after they leave, we hope we will be in a nice quiet, cool place where going to the gym sounds reasonable again.
We will be returning to Italian language school soon and I know our teacher will be asking us what we did during our summer vacation. Here is my list that I will have to mentally convert to Italian:
- Went to the beach and snorkeled alot--found a peaceful beach for August in Cetraro.
- Tried and partly failed to include more night-life. We are still morning people.
- Went to Sorrento and environs
- Met a lot of new people and got to know people from last year better.
- Doug started passing his driver's test computer simulations (he has to take it in Italian).
- Di started understanding Italian films.
- Watched a whole lot of fires.
- Heard a whole lot of fireworks.
- Ate less because of the heat.