|We were surprised to see all the Aeolian islands visible New Years Day--from the terrace. |
Clear, fresh air (Stromboli is the active volcano)
|We watch the sea from our favorite bar by the Sea--Bar da Pietro|
- We will be able to sit on the terrace and eat lunch all through the winter--not everyday (need the sun to shine) and not in the evening, but often enough to never feel the sun deficit we used to suffer so badly from in Oregon.
- The haze is gone and views become clearer
- There's always gonna be a day when we don't need a coat
- The sea goes wild (as wild as the Med here gets) and is fun to watch from the few bars that remain open by the sea--our fave also treats us to WiFi.
- We get to know the winter people, the bar owners, we feel like permanent residents.
- The rain usually goes when it comes, not always, but usually we can enjoy a storm and then a clear sky afterwards.
- People around the towns here learn we are residents, not tourists.
- We can enjoy snow in the mountains--at a comfy distance.
|Carmello's semi-busy off-season, but OPEN and with a sea view!|